Spring Commencement 2021
Saturday, May 8 at 10:00 am & 2:00 pm
We are celebrating the accomplishments of our graduates with a hybrid commencement this spring.
All 2020 graduates and spring 2021 applicants were invited by email and text to participate in the Spring Commencement. Students that signed up to participate in-person are participating in one of two ceremonies on Saturday, May 8 at 10:00 am or 2:00 pm. A specific ceremony time is assigned to each participant and has been communicated via email.
Due to the number of students registered to attend Commencement in-person, the College is not able to accommodate guests and maintain appropriate social distancing. Only participants will be allowed to attend the May 8th on-campus ceremonies.
Students that signed up to participate virtually have the option to receive a slide showing their name, degree, honors, and photo (if provided) during one of the live ceremonies.
Both ceremonies will be streamed on our website for family, friends, faculty/staff, and the community to view live on May 8th or at a later date/time.
The week following the ceremonies, all participants will receive a 30 second keepsake Commencement clip they can download and post to social media or email.
All Commencement instructions and details are being emailed to participants.
Any questions or concerns should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Checklist For Prospective Graduates
Prospective graduates must complete the following BEFORE being awarded a degree/certificate. These are in addition to the curriculum for each program.
- Apply to graduate by completing the Graduation Packet with an advisor and submit the completed Graduation Plan to the Office of Records & Registration. If you would prefer to complete the application for graduation electronically, please let your advisor know. They can access an electronic application for graduation for you as long as you still have access to your volstate.edu email address.
- Have a minimum VSCC GPA of 2.000 with the exception of Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) students who must have a minimum VSCC GPA of 2.75.
- Pay all financial obligations to the college including parking tickets and overdue fees.
- Submit all required transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Any applicant that received a student loan must complete the Student Loan Exit Counseling.
- All degree applicants must take the ETS Proficiency Profile (formerly MAPP). Students receiving a Technical Certificate are not required to take this exam.
- All Computer Information Technology (CIT) applicants must take the CIT Exit Exam.
- All Criminal Justice AAS applicants must take the Criminal Justice Exit Exam.
- All Entertainment Media Production AAS applicants must take the Entertainment Media Production Exit Exam.
- All Mechatronics Technology AAS applicants must take the MECH Exit Exam.
- All Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) applicants must have a minimum ACT Composite of 21 OR pass the PRAXIS CORE. AST students must also receive satisfactory rating on 3 Disposition Assessments (reviewed by the Social Science & Education Division).
- Additional steps must be taken if you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Once grades are posted at the end of every term the graduation staff will verify graduation requirements for each applicant and individually award degrees/certificates. Graduates will be notified via email once their credential is awarded. The email will include instructions on how to request an official transcript and details regarding diplomas. If you need verification of graduation for an employer or transfer institution once grades are posted at the end of the graduating term and prior to receiving the email notification, contact email@example.com.