Please send a list of all attendees and their designations (faculty, staff, student) to email@example.com by Friday, January 25, 2019. You will receive an invoice with the balance due (you can bring a check to the conference or mail it to the address on the invoice). The cost will be $30.00 for students and $40.00 for faculty/staff and will include breakfast, lunch, and snacks on Saturday.
Hampton Inn and Suites—Hendersonville
111 Saundersville Rd, Hendersonville, TN 37075
This is a relatively new hotel in a suburb between Gallatin and Nashville. There are plenty of restaurants, shops, and a movie theater nearby.
A block of 30 rooms has been reserved at the rate of $133 per night (plus tax). The hotel will be holding this block of rooms at this rate until January 18.
Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to submit proposals focusing on academic research, creative arts, or experiences related to honors education. All presentation rooms will have computers with projectors. A variety of formats are welcome:
- General sessions You may choose to give either a 10-minute or a 20-minute presentation (not counting the question-and-answer period). Individual submissions will be grouped by the conference organizer into sessions with three or four participants.
- Panel presentations Regardless of the number of participants on the panel, presentations will be limited to 50 minutes, including questions and answers.
- Creative works Suitable works may include original poetry, short stories, creative essays, photographs, musical compositions, and works of art. Presentations may be 10 or 20 minutes.
- Poster presentations Posters should be 36” by 48” and presented to be self-explanatory. Use large fonts, color, graphics, and creativity. The poster should include the title, the presenter’s name, and the college or university attended.
- Round-table discussions These should be planned to last 50 minutes, including time for questions and answers.
Directors/deans should submit a document containing the following information:
- Presenters’ names and e-mail addresses
- Categories (faculty, student, administrator)
- Presentation titles
- Presentation types, remembering to specify 10 or 20 minutes for general session or creative works sessions
- A 50 to 100 word abstract
Please send this information to Merritt McKinney at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 25, 2019. This will be a firm deadline in order to get the conference program completed in time for the conference.
Tentative conference schedule
We’ll be figuring out the exact schedule in January, but the Saturday events will run from around 8:00 am to 4:00 or 4:30. There will be no scheduled events on Friday, but you will be welcome to come by campus in the afternoon to check in. If you will be arriving after 4:30 on Friday, there will be plenty of time to check in on Saturday morning.