We’ve activated our Vol State Response website to provide information on how to support those impacted by the deadly tornados that struck Middle Tennessee overnight. Governor Bill Lee has declared a state of emergency. Up-to-date information regarding the disaster can be found on tn.gov. The Vol State Response website has been developed to provide individuals a way to gain assistance for victims of disasters. For more information, contact Student Life and Engagement at 615-230-3441.
Vol State Assistance
- A Tornado Relief Fund to provide financial assistance to those impacted has been set up through the Vol State College Foundation. If you need assistance through this area, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have not been impacted and would like to donate, please visit www.volstate.edu/giving and select “tornado relief”.
- The Feed is available for students in need at all campus locations. Items range from food and snack items, to hygiene products. Call 615-230-3390 for an appointment to visit The Feed.
- Students may contact the Office of Student Engagement and Support at email@example.com or call 615-230-3390 for information on mental health counseling opportunities.
- The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a resource for faculty and staff members who need counseling support and referral to other resources. Assistance is available 24/7 by calling (855) 437-3486.
State of Tennessee
- The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee has established the Middle Tennessee Emergency Response Fund to provide support to the community and non-profit organizations providing relief to victims of the storms.
- Ready TN is a mobile device application from the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency (TEMA) providing emergency preparedness, response and recovery information to Tennesseans.
Other Concerns - Coronavirus
Another matter of world-wide concern is the spread of Coronavirus. For up to date information, please visit www.volstate.edu/coronavirus-disease.