The Staff Council is a representative voice of the support staff to the President, Administration, and other entities of the college. The primary focus of the Staff Council is to:
- Promote a better understanding, cooperation and communication within the campus community.
- Keep constituents advised of issues, policies and activities affecting them.
- Be actively involved in and contribute to the governance of the institution.
- Work to improve morale of the staff.
- Emphasize and initiate opportunities for professional development.
- Jimmy Hargrove, Chair and Rep for Academic Affairs
- Penny Starr, Vice Chair and Rep for Student Services
- Erin Tickle, Recorder and Rep for President's Office, Public Relations, and Foundation
- Rhonda Custer, Treasurer and Rep for Academic Affairs
- Stacy Bagshaw, Rep for Student Services
- Suzanne Davidson, Rep for Business and Finance
- Jodi Evans, Rep for Upper Cumberland
- Kelly Fuqua, Rep for Highland Crest
- Cynthia Johns, Rep for Business and Finance
- Darrell Rogers, Rep for Business and Finance
- Tabatha Roll, Rep for Student Services
- Andrea Scruggs, Rep for Academic Affairs
Any VSCC employee may nominate a permanent classified staff employee for the Classified Staff Appreciation Award. This award recognizes classified staff for their commitment to excellence and the VSCC community.
Of the pool of nominees, a random drawing will be held to award one classified staff employee each month. Each month's recipient will receive a certificate and the opportunity to pick an item from the fit box. Nominations are good for the month of submission and the winner will be drawn and notified during the first week of the following month. Please be sure to nominate classified staff employees each month. Recipients of the award will not be eligible to receive the award again for the next four (4) months.
Please note that members of the Staff Council, excluding the Chair/Co-Chair, will also be eligible for the award since the drawing will be random and made by the Chair/Co-Chair of Staff Council. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Classified Staff Appreciation Nomination
All fields below are required in order to submit the nomination form. Each classified staff member nominated will only have their name entered in the monthly drawing once, regardless of the number of times nominated that month.