As an American Heart Association Training Center, we oversee 200 instructors and three training sites. We also offer quality AHA certification courses routinely at our Gallatin campus. All courses offered through the training center and our training sites adhere to the AHA guidelines outlined in the Program Administration Manual.
The requirements for persons interested in becoming AHA instructors aligned with our training center are:
- Must hold a certification in the discipline for at least two years
- Must complete an online Instructor Essentials in the selected discipline
- Must complete an on-ground instructor class in the selected discipline at the training center
- Must align with the training center and sign up on the AHA instructor network
- Must be monitored teaching at least two courses in the discipline within 6 months of the instructor class
To inquire about instructor alignment with the VSCC American Heart Association Training Center, please contact Kathryn Miller at email@example.com. The Training Center accepts new instructors and instructor transfers periodically, with acceptance based on current instructor to training center faculty ratios, in compliance with the AHA Program Administration Manual.