Volunteer State Community College athletics teams compete in the TCCAA and the NJCAA, playing teams across Tennessee and Kentucky. Vol State has traditionally been one of the top teams in the state.
A festive New Orleans-style Second Line procession led students, faculty, donors and the public into the new Steinhauer-Rogan-Black Humanities Building.
It's free and open to all hairdressers and cosmetologists on October 21 at 6 p.m.
- Paralegal Graduates in Demand as Field GrowsSep19
- Help for ITT Technical Institute StudentsSep08
- Summer 2016 Academic HonorsSep07
- Everyone Invited to Humanities Building Grand OpeningSep07
- New Assistant Vice President AnnouncedSep02
- Science and Math Conference for Girls Grades 6-8Aug31
Visit the News Archive
From the Blog:
- Body Farm Expert Gives Gruesome Lecture to Vol State StudentsSep28
- Free Help with Papers in the Language CenterSep26
- New Orleans-Style Second Line Jazz Band Leads Vol State Students to the FutureSep23
- Students and a Jazz Band Lead the Way for SRB Humanities CelebrationSep23
- Complete your Vol State Haven TrainingSep22
- Vol State Literary Magazine Wants Your HelpSep21
Visit the Vol State Blog
At some point in your life someone helped you achieve your goals. It may have been a special teacher, another student, or a complete stranger. The Volunteer State College Foundation makes a difference in the lives of students every day by awarding scholarships to those who might not otherwise be able to obtain a college education. Our donors make it possible to invest in the future of our community. Each year we award more than 200 student scholarships totaling nearly $300,000. In the last 20 years the College Foundation has awarded more than 3700 scholarships and raised more than $10 million.
Vol State’s educational offerings include more than traditional degree and certificate programs. We also offer non-credit continuing education classes for both professional and personal needs. We host cultural events that are open to the public. And we serve our community with projects and programs designed to make a difference.
At Vol State we believe in strong student support and an active campus life.
Faculty & Staff
For assistance with username and password problems please call the IT Help Desk at (615) 230-3302. If you would like to report a broken link or problem with a webpage please contact the webmaster.