III:11:02 Advertising for Student Publications
This policy governs the solicitation and publication of paid advertisements in student publications at Volunteer State Community College
Approval must be secured from the advisor of the student publication for permission to solicit paid advertisements in the name of Volunteer State Community College.
No person(s) is authorized to solicit paid advertisements in the name of the College without approval from the advisor of the student publication.
Approval to solicit paid advertisements does not carry with it the authority to collect any money from the patron/advertiser. No person(s) except officials of the VSCC Business Office will collect/receipt the amount due for advertisement in a student publication.
Once the advisor of the student publication has granted approval to solicit paid advertisements in the name of the College, the following procedures must be followed:
- Only the student publications’ advertising contract must be used in reaching agreements with patrons/advertisers.
- Once a contract has been completed with a patron/advertiser, the student must submit copies of the completed contract to the Editor of the respective student publications and the publications’ advisor.
- The Business Office will receive an invoice copy for billing the amount due for paid advertisement in a student publication.
- The billing statement shall be mailed to the patron/advertiser within thirty (30) days from receipt of the invoice by the Business Office.
- All bills are payable upon receipt.
Failure of a student to comply with this policy will result in a failing grade in the student’s academic records.
TBR Source: November 16, 1977, TBR presidents meeting. Revised July 1, 1984. Revised May 17, 1988. Revised May 12, 1992. Revised August 9, 1994, TBR presidents meeting. Revised November 9, 1994, TBR presidents meeting. Revised May 14, 1996, presidents meeting. Revised August 25, 1998, presidents meeting. Revised May 11, 1999, presidents meeting. Revised May 21, 2001 presidents meeting. Revised May 16, 2006 presidents meeting. Revised November 8, 2006 presidents meeting
VSCC Source: Former III:09:05, July 1, 1989, February 25, 1999, President; December 15, 2008, President’s Cabinet