Become a Certified HR Professional
Human capital is the single most important asset in any business and human resources professionals are charged with protecting these assets. This 100% online training course will prepare you for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification exam offered by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). You will be fully equipped to advance your career as a certified PHR in only 6 months.
Job Outlook for Video Game Designers
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates a 5% job growth for human resources specialists and a slightly higher rate of growth for those in management roles.
- This will equal an additional 33,000 job openings over the next 8 years.
- The median salary for those in a human resources specialist position is nearly $62,000 with top earners making more than $105,000 annually.
- Be fully prepared for the Professional in Human Resources certification from HRCI
- Understand human resources practices, valuable skills related to recruitment and training
- Gain foundational knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Develop retention initiatives and best practices for strategic decision making
There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course. However, HRCI requires that you meet one of the following criteria in order to sit for PHR certification:
- Master’s degree or higher = 1 year of work experience in a professional-level HR role
- Bachelor’s degree = 2 years of work experience in a professional-level HR role
- Anything less than a bachelor’s degree = 4 years of work experience in a professional-level HR role
- INTRODUCTION TO HUMAN RESOURCES
Learn about opportunities in the HR field and the skills you will need for success.
- HR’S ROLE IN STRATEGY
Learn how to create compelling vision and mission statements, policies, and metrics grounded in business strategy.
- RECRUITING AND HIRING EMPLOYEES
Understand how to write a job ad that will attract candidates, effectively review résumés, properly prepare for an interview, and formally make a job offer.
- TRAINING PROGRAMS
Learn the basics of training, including the design, development, implementation, analysis, and evaluation of training programs.
- COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Understand all the things that must be considered when designing a compensation and benefits package.
- EMPLOYEE HEALTH AND SAFETY
Learn the ins and outs of complying with OSHA, protecting against workplace hazards, and investigating, recording, and preventing accidents and employee illnesses.
- THE LEGAL ENVIRONMENT
Gain knowledge of employment law as well as an understanding of equal employment opportunity, avoiding discrimination, and what happens when an employee files an EEOC claim.
- MAKING HR DECISIONS
Learn how to make decisions based on various company growth strategies and how to use HRIS Software as well as job analysis as a tool for decision-making.
- AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
Learn the full spectrum of affirmative action, how to create an affirmative action plan, and information on the AAP you will need to know.
Understand what diversity is and why it is a good thing in an organization as you learn to manage it and handle conflict.
- EMPLOYEE RIGHTS AND DISCIPLINE
Learn the laws that protect employee rights and privacy and how to properly monitor and document behavior and discipline employees.
Understand the alternatives to firing as well as how to prepare for termination, including proper separation agreements as well as what to do in the event of wrongful discharge.
Learn why it is so important to investigate problems as well as the steps of an effective investigation including preparing, conducting, and wrapping it up.
- MANAGING LABOR RELATIONS
Get a quick overview of the history of unions as you learn how they work and why employees join them.
- CREATING A HIGH-PERFORMANCE WORKPLACE
Learn how to ask employees for input and act on it, delegate authority, keep communication open, and continuously ask for feedback as you strive to develop a high-performance workplace.
- GLOBAL HUMAN RESOURCES
Understand the basics of staffing strategy, cultural differences, HR in other countries, choosing global employees, and issues faced by expatriates.
Learn the top reasons employees leave a company and how you can encourage them to stay as well as the importance of succession planning.
- MOTIVATION, REWARDS, AND RECOGNITION
Find out fun ways to motivate workers and gain nine strategies for creating a great rewards program.
- PREPARING FOR THE PHR EXAM
Gain information on externships and internships as you review the basics of the PHR exam and begin to study.
Anna Smith has worked in the field of human resources for 30 years and has taught at the university level for over 20 years. She holds a bachelor's degree in business administration from Spalding University, a master's degree in management from Webster University, and a Master Online Teaching certificate from the University of Illinois. She is also a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources and a SHRM Senior Certified Professional. Her experience spans many areas of human resources, including recruitment, labor relations, and affirmative action plans.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.