2018 Fall Graduation
Checklist For Prospective Graduates
Prospective graduates must complete the following BEFORE being awarded a degree/certificate. These are in addition to the curriculum for each program.
- Apply to graduate by completing the Graduation Packet with an advisor and submit the completed Graduation Plan to the Office of Records & Registration.
- Have a minimum VSCC GPA of 2.000 with the exception of Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) students who must have a minimum VSCC GPA of 2.75.
- Pay all financial obligations to the college including parking tickets and overdue fees.
- Submit all required transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Any applicant that received a student loan must complete the Student Loan Exit Counseling.
- All degree applicants must take the ETS Proficiency Profile (formerly MAPP). Students receiving a Technical Certificate are not required to take this exam.
- All degree applicants must meet the computer competency requirement by either passing INFS 1010 or taking the Computer Competency Exam.
- All AAS Business applicants must take the Business Exit Exam.
- All Computer Information Technology (CIT) applicants must take the CIT Exit Exam (effective Fall 2016).
- All Criminal Justice AAS applicants must take the Criminal Justice Exit Exam (effective Fall 2016).
- All Entertainment Media Production AAS applicants must take the Entertainment Media Production Exit Exam (effective Fall 2016).
- All Paralegal applicants must take the Paralegal Exit Exam.
- All Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) applicants must have a minimum ACT Composite of 22 OR pass the PRAXIS I. AST students must also receive satisfactory rating on 3 Disposition Assessments (reviewed by the Social Science & Education Division).
- Additional steps must be taken if you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony.