We are saddened to announce that Vol State’s Spring 2020 Commencement Ceremony will not take place in-person due to the ongoing battle against the spread of the coronavirus. We are looking for other ways to celebrate graduates and will communicate those details once they become available.
Checklist For Prospective Graduates
Prospective graduates must complete the following BEFORE being awarded a degree/certificate. These are in addition to the curriculum for each program.
- Apply to graduate by completing the Graduation Packet with an advisor and submit the completed Graduation Plan to the Office of Records & Registration.
- Have a minimum VSCC GPA of 2.000 with the exception of Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) students who must have a minimum VSCC GPA of 2.75.
- Pay all financial obligations to the college including parking tickets and overdue fees.
- Submit all required transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Any applicant that received a student loan must complete the Student Loan Exit Counseling.
- All degree applicants must take the ETS Proficiency Profile (formerly MAPP). Students receiving a Technical Certificate are not required to take this exam.
- All degree applicants must meet the computer competency requirement by either passing INFS 1010 or taking the Computer Competency Exam.
- All AAS Business applicants must take the Business Exit Exam.
- All Computer Information Technology (CIT) applicants must take the CIT Exit Exam.
- All Criminal Justice AAS applicants must take the Criminal Justice Exit Exam.
- All Entertainment Media Production AAS applicants must take the Entertainment Media Production Exit Exam.
- All Mechatronics Technology AAS applicants must take the MECH Exit Exam.
- All Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) applicants must have a minimum ACT Composite of 21 OR pass the PRAXIS CORE. AST students must also receive satisfactory rating on 3 Disposition Assessments (reviewed by the Social Science & Education Division).
- Additional steps must be taken if you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony.