Graduation is an exciting time! The College looks forward to celebrating with our students. To ensure that you are ready to graduate, please review the checklist below and visit the additional links under Graduation in the sidebar menu of this page.
Spring 2024 Commencement will be held in-person on May 4th at 10:00 a.m. in the Moore Gymnasium of the Pickel Field House building on the main campus in Gallatin. Visit our Commencement webpage for details.
Checklist For Prospective Graduates
Prospective graduates must complete the following BEFORE being awarded a degree/certificate. These are in addition to the curriculum for each program.
- Apply to graduate by completing the Graduation Packet with an advisor and submit the completed Graduation Plan to the Office of Records & Registration. If you would prefer to complete the application for graduation electronically, please let your advisor know. They can access an electronic application for graduation for you as long as you still have access to your volstate.edu email address.
- Have a minimum VSCC GPA of 2.000 with the exception of Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) students who must have a minimum VSCC GPA of 2.75.
- Pay all financial obligations to the college including parking tickets and overdue fees.
- Submit all required transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Any applicant that received a student loan must complete the Student Loan Exit Counseling.
- All degree applicants must take the E-Proficiency Profile (EPP). Students receiving a Technical Certificate are not required to take this exam.
- All Computer Information Technology (CIT) applicants must take the CIT Exit Exam.
- All Criminal Justice AAS applicants must take the Criminal Justice Exit Exam.
- All Mechatronics Technology AAS applicants must take the MECH Exit Exam.
- All Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) applicants must have a minimum ACT Composite of 21 OR pass the PRAXIS CORE. AST students must also receive a satisfactory rating on 3 Disposition Assessments (reviewed by the Social Science & Education Division).
- Additional steps must be taken if you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- Once grades are posted at the end of every term the graduation staff will verify graduation requirements for each applicant and individually award degrees/certificates. Graduates will be notified via email once their credential is awarded. The email will include instructions on how to request an official transcript and details regarding diplomas. If you need verification of graduation for an employer or transfer institution once grades are posted at the end of the graduating term and prior to receiving the email notification, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.