Virtual Spring Commencement 2020
An additional viewing format is available at https://volunteer.stageclip.com/
We are celebrating the accomplishments of our graduates with an online commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 16 at 10 a.m. The streaming video will feature many of the traditional elements of graduation. There will be the National Anthem, the Alma Mater; an announcement of the distinguished graduate; a welcome message from the alumni association; and an acknowledgment of honors. Instead of a singular keynote speaker, there will be words of congratulations and encouragement from a variety of friends of the college. Graduates will be recognized with a slide showing their name, degree, and honors. They have also had the ability to upload a picture or video to go on their slide.
After the ceremony, students will be able to download a 30 second clip that they can post to social media or email. Here is a sample of what their clip will look like. Virtual StageClip with Regalia
Checklist For Prospective Graduates
Prospective graduates must complete the following BEFORE being awarded a degree/certificate. These are in addition to the curriculum for each program.
- Apply to graduate by completing the Graduation Packet with an advisor and submit the completed Graduation Plan to the Office of Records & Registration. If you would prefer to complete the application for graduation electronically, please let your advisor know. They can access an electronic application for graduation for you as long as you still have access to your volstate.edu email address.
- Have a minimum VSCC GPA of 2.000 with the exception of Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) students who must have a minimum VSCC GPA of 2.75.
- Pay all financial obligations to the college including parking tickets and overdue fees.
- Submit all required transcripts to the Office of Admissions.
- Any applicant that received a student loan must complete the Student Loan Exit Counseling.
- All degree applicants must take the ETS Proficiency Profile (formerly MAPP). Students receiving a Technical Certificate are not required to take this exam.
- All Computer Information Technology (CIT) applicants must take the CIT Exit Exam.
- All Criminal Justice AAS applicants must take the Criminal Justice Exit Exam.
- All Entertainment Media Production AAS applicants must take the Entertainment Media Production Exit Exam.
- All Mechatronics Technology AAS applicants must take the MECH Exit Exam.
- All Associate of Science in Teaching (AST) applicants must have a minimum ACT Composite of 21 OR pass the PRAXIS CORE. AST students must also receive satisfactory rating on 3 Disposition Assessments (reviewed by the Social Science & Education Division).
- Additional steps must be taken if you plan to participate in the commencement ceremony.