Before registering for classes, you are strongly encouraged to contact your academic advisor. If you do not know the name of your advisor, contact the Office of Advising for help at (615) 230-3702 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Students who do not have a major or are not seeking a degree should contact the Office of Advising. Students who wish to audit a course cannot register online, a drop/add/withdrawal form with the appropriate signatures must be submitted to the Records & Registration office. Please contact Records & Registration at (615) 230-3466 if you have questions about auditing a course.
Registering for Classes Online
- Go to My Vol State.
- Click the Advising & Registration icon.
- Click the Add or Drop Classes icon and follow the prompts. Once on the registration screen, click “Schedule Planner” in the large block. Please see our instruction sheet for detailed instructions on how to use the schedule planner to register.
- Once you have selected a schedule from the options given, click "Send to Cart" at the top of the view schedule screen.
- After your courses have been sent to the registration cart, you will need to click "register" to complete the registration process.
- Check your class schedule to make sure you are registered for the correct classes by checking the Concise Student Schedule link.
- After registering, you can click on "Account Summary" to review your bill and statement of fees. You can pay fees online by VISA, VISA Check Card or MasterCard.
- When you have completed all your transactions, logout of My Vol State.