Before registering for classes, you are strongly encouraged to contact your academic advisor. If you do not know the name of your advisor, contact the Advising Center for help at (615) 230-3702 or by emailing email@example.com. Students who do not have a major or are not seeking a degree should contact the Advising Center for advising. Students who wish to audit a course cannot register online, a drop/add/withdrawal form with the appropriate signatures must be submitted to the Records & Registration office. Please contact Records & Registration at 615-230-3466 if you have questions about auditing a course.
Registering for Classes Online
- Go to My VolState.
- Click the Pride Online tab.
- Click "Add or Drop Classes" at the top of the center column and follow the prompts. Please see our instruction sheet for detailed instructions on how to use the schedule planner to register.
- Once you have selected a schedule from the options given, click "Send to Cart" at the top of the view schedule screen.
- After your courses have been sent to the registration cart, you will need to click "register" to complete the registration process.
- Check your class schedule to make sure you are registered for the correct classes by following the Concise Student Schedule link on the Pride Online tab.
- After registering, you can click on "Account Summary" to review your bill and statement of fees. You can pay fees online by VISA, VISA Check Card or MasterCard.
- When you have completed all your transactions, logout of My VolState. You will be taken to the Student Logout screen and your session will be finished.
The Pride Online tab is useful for other things as well, such as:
- Degree Audit
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Request for Official Transcripts
- Fee Payment
- "Live" Schedule of Classes
- Account Summary
- Financial Aid Status
- IRS 1098-T Form