Prepare for the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) Exam Online
Dental assistants play a valuable role in any dental care team, often handling a variety of tasks from assisting with treatment procedures to administrative duties. This 100% online course will help you gain the technical skills you need to join a dental office as a clinical dental assistant. Through interactive lessons, you will also prepare for the Radiation Health and Safety and Infection Control components of the Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) Exam.
Job Outlook for Clinical Dental Assistants
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary of a clinical dental assistant is currently just under $38,000 per year.
Employment is projected to grow by 19% through 2026, which is considered much faster than average. Job demand for dental assistants is projected to grow 10% over the next decade.
- Prepare for the Radiology and Infection Control portions of the Dental Assisting National Board
- Identify of teeth and their functions, as well as the anatomy of the head and neck
- Sterilization and disinfection techniques and infection prevention
- Completing patient charting and take vital signs
There are no prerequisites prior to taking this course.
- OVERVIEW OF THE DENTAL PROFESSION: Introduction to the Practice of Dentistry
- DENTAL HEALTH AND DISEASE: Oral health and preventative techniques; etiology of dental disease
- ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY: Basic human physiology, embryology and histology; head and neck anatomy
- INFECTION CONTROL: Microbiology, infection control and managing hazardous materials
- BASICS OF DENTAL ASSISTING: Patient care, dental charting and pharmacology; anesthesia and sedation, chair-side assisting and dental instruments and tray setups
- RADIOLOGY: Producing and processing quality radiographs; extraoral and digital radiography
- DENTAL MATERIALS: Dental cements, bases, liners, and bonding agents; restorative materials, dental dams, matrix, and wedges
- DENTAL ASSISTING IN THE SPECIALTY PRACTICE: Oral pathology and maxillofacial surgery; endodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and prosthodontics
- DENTAL OFFICE MANAGEMENT: Records management; administrative techniques
Cindy Lamkin has been employed in the dental field for over 20 years. She graduated from the University of South Dakota with a degree in dental hygiene and holds Registered Dental Assistant and Registered Dental Hygienist credentials. In addition to practicing clinical hygiene, she has also worked in dental office administration and treatment coordination. Her career includes general dentistry, as well as specialty practices of periodontics, endodontics, pedodontics, and orthodontics.
Registration and Enrollment
This course is 100% online. Start anytime.