TN eCampus courses and degrees provide students the opportunity to continue or complete their education in a manner that is more convenient to their individual schedules. TN eCampus courses and programs have the same content, rigor and outcomes as on-campus courses and programs and are accredited by The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Programs and services are also monitored and evaluated to ensure quality and continuous program improvements. All TN eCampus instructors must be certified by the regional accreditation commission and verified before being considered for online teaching assignments. Additionally, all instructors are trained on the online delivery platform, have an understanding of online teaching principles and learning methods, and adhere to high quality teaching standards.
TN eCampus Online Degrees
Vol State is approved to award a number of degrees that are available through the TN eCampus partnership program. For more information, please refer to the catalog.
TN eCampus Course Schedule
The most up-to-date information about TN eCampus courses offered is available on the Course Search page at the TN eCampus website. Select semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) and click the "Submit" button to display courses offered.
Textbooks and Supplies
Textbooks for TN eCampus courses should be ordered directly from the TN eCampus Virtual Bookstore, not the Vol State campus bookstore. Many textbooks are customized specifically for TN eCampus programs and have a special access code or other software that is bundled with the textbook. Students are responsible for purchasing textbooks and supplies in a timely manner in order to be prepared and ready to participate the first day of classes. For specific questions about TN eCampus textbooks and supplies, please call (888) 251-2665 (not the Vol State bookstore).
How to Login/Access TN eCampus Classes
Please note: TN eCampus students will not be able to login to their TN eCampus classes until after 3:00 pm Central Standard Time (CST) on the the published date that classes begin.
- The TN eCampus course portal is located at https://gotoclass.tnecampus.org (not on the Vol State eLearn portal).
- Your username is the first initial of your first name and full last name followed by the first four digits of your birth date. There are no spaces and no periods. If your last name is hyphenated it will be your entire last name including the hyphen.
- If you have never taken a TN eCampus course before, your password will be your six-digit birth date. For example, John Smith is a student whose birthday is February 22, 1992. John’s username is jsmith0222 and his password is 022292.
- After your first login, you should change your password to something more secure. If you have taken TN eCampus classes before, your password will be the password that you used previously.
TN eCampus Attendance Reporting
TN eCampus instructors do not report attendance. Instead, a News Item will be posted at the top of every course homepage in the TN eCampus elearn portal with instructions for completing a 3-question, non-graded Student Participation Survey. After completing the survey, an attendance report will be generated and submitted to the student's home school. Please note that this report is not submitted every day, and there may be a 2- or 3-day delay between when the survey is completed and when attendance is recorded.
Midterm & Final Exam Proctoring
TN eCampus students should check the syllabus for each TN eCampus class to determine if the midterm and/or final exam must be proctored.
- Schedule an appointment on the Gallatin campus
- CHEC testing center
- For Highland Crest testing information, call (615) 433-7032
- For Livingston testing information, call (931) 462-5202
- Information about testing at an alternative site not listed above
Walk-ins cannot be accommodated during mid-term and final exam weeks. Students should contact a testing center at least two weeks in advance to schedule a mid-term and/or final exam appointment. When scheduling an exam, students must allow enough time to be able to complete testing before the Testing Center's published closing time.
FREE Online Tutoring Services
TN eCampus Technical Support
- Password Problems? Call (888) 223-0023
- Technical Problems? Login Problems? Call the TN eCamups Help Desk at (866) 550-7637.
Tips & Resources
- TN eCampus students should visit the TN eCampus homepage and read the resources there.
- Online orientation and tutorials explain how to access and navigate through a TN eCampus course.
- Fees for TN eCampus courses are different from other Vol State courses. Please visit the Business Office website for more information.
- Additional online and video courses are available through Vol State’s Distance Learning program.