TN eCampus courses provide students the opportunity to continue or complete their education in a manner that is more convenient to their individual schedules. TN eCampus courses have the same content, rigor, and outcomes as on-campus courses and are accredited by The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC). Programs and services are monitored and evaluated to ensure quality and continuous program improvements. Additionally, all instructors are trained on the online delivery platform, have an understanding of online teaching principles and learning methods, and adhere to high quality teaching standards.
TN eCampus Course Schedule
The most up-to-date information about TN eCampus courses offered is available on the Course Search page at the TN eCampus website. Select a semester (Fall, Spring, or Summer) and click the "Submit" button to display courses offered. Not all TN eCampus courses are available for registration through Volunteer State Community College. Only courses included in the Vol State catalog are available.
Textbooks and Supplies
Textbooks for TN eCampus courses should be ordered directly from the TN eCampus Virtual Bookstore, not the Vol State campus bookstore. Many textbooks are customized specifically for TN eCampus programs and have a special access code or other software that is bundled with the textbook. Students are responsible for purchasing textbooks and supplies in a timely manner in order to be prepared and ready to participate the first day of classes. For specific questions about TN eCampus textbooks and supplies, please call (888) 251-2665 (not the Vol State bookstore).
How to Login/Access TN eCampus Classes
Please note: Students will not be able to login to their TN eCampus classes until after 3:00 pm Central Standard Time (CST) on the published date that classes begin.
- The TN eCampus course portal is located at https://gotoclass.tnecampus.org (not on the Vol State eLearn portal).
- Your username is the first initial of your first name and full last name followed by the first four digits of your birth date. There are no spaces and no periods. If your last name is hyphenated it will be your entire last name including the hyphen.
- If you have never taken a TN eCampus course before, your password will be your six-digit birth date. For example, John Smith is a student whose birthday is February 22, 1992. John’s username is jsmith0222 and his password is 022292.
- After your first login, you must change your password to something more secure. If you have taken TN eCampus classes before, your password will be the password that you used previously.
- Read the TN eCampus Help Spot: Logging into your Course.
TN eCampus Attendance Reporting
TN eCampus instructors do not report attendance. Instead, an announcement will be posted at the top of every course homepage in the TN eCampus course portal with instructions for completing a 3-question, non-graded student participation survey. After completing the survey, an attendance report will be generated and submitted to the student's home school. Please note that this report is not submitted every day, and there may be a 2- or 3-day delay between when the survey is completed and when attendance is recorded.
Midterm & Final Exam Proctoring
TN eCampus students should check the syllabus for each TN eCampus class to determine if exams must be proctored.
- Schedule an appointment on the Gallatin campus
- CHEC testing center
- For Highland Crest testing information, call (615) 433-7032
- For Livingston testing information, call (931) 462-5202
- For online proctoring options, contact your TN eCampus course instructor.
- Information about testing at an alternative site not listed above
Walk-ins cannot be accommodated during mid-term and final exam weeks. Students should contact a testing center at least two weeks in advance to schedule a mid-term and/or final exam appointment. When scheduling an exam, students must allow enough time to be able to complete testing before the Testing Center's published closing time.
FREE Online Tutoring Services
Online tutoring and writing assistance is available 24 hours a day at smarthinking.com for students taking TN eCampus courses. The Tennessee Board of Regents also provides an online tutorial for using this service.
TN eCampus Technical Support
Password/Login problems? Need technical assistance? Contact the TN eCampus Technical Support department.
- Phone: 1-866-895-8429
- Submit an online ticket
- Review Brightspace/D2L Knowledge Books
Tips & Resources
- Library Services has information on Vol State resources for TN eCampus courses.
- TN eCampus students should visit the TN eCampus homepage and read the resources there.
- Online orientation and tutorials explain how to access and navigate through a TN eCampus course.
- Fees for TN eCampus courses are different from other Vol State courses. Please visit the Business Office web page for more information.
- Additional online courses are available through Vol State’s Distance Learning program.