The Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning and Assessment facilitates the integration of assessment, planning, institutional effectiveness and institutional research to encourage continuous assessment and improvement of academic programs and administrative services by providing leadership and actively participating in the strategic planning and evaluation processes for the College. Primary functions of the Office include
- assisting and coordinating the development of unit effectiveness and assessment plans;
- providing data about the College and its students and personnel for external agencies, governing boards, program reviews, accreditations, the federal government, and internal constituencies;
- conducting analytical studies that provide information to support planning and decision-making;
- preparing reports on the effectiveness and improvement of educational programs and administrative/support services;
- providing leadership and support to the College strategic planning process.
Disclosure Information Index
- Institutional and Program Accreditation, Approval and Licensure
- Student Body Diversity
- Retention Rate
- Completion/Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates
- Four Year Average Completion/Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates
- Athlete Completion/Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates
- Athlete Four Year Completion/Graduation and Transfer-Out Rates
- Placement in Employment and Job Placement Rates
- ETS Proficiency Profile Scores
- Athlete and Non Athlete Graduation and Transfer Out Rates
- Academic Program Inventory
Student Right to Know Act
The following information is provided in compliance with the federal Student Right-to-Know (SRTK) and Campus Security Act of 1990, which requires all institutions of higher education to disclose information about program completion. The graduation and transfer-out rates are provided for all first-time full-time students who first enrolled at Volunteer State Community College during the fall 2015 semester. The graduation rate includes all students who completed a certificate or associate degree in three years or less of initial enrollment at the institution. The transfer-out rate represents students transferring to another higher education institution. The graduation rate for full-time students first enrolled fall 2015 and graduating by August 2018 was 22.9%. The transfer-out rate for this same population was 14.6%. The combined graduation and transfer-out rate was 37.5%. Graduation rates for athletes are as follows: basketball 30.4%; baseball: 15.4%; softball: 38.5%. Transfer rates for athletes are as follows: basketball 34.8%; baseball: 69.2%; softball: 53.8%. The combined rates for athletes are as follows: basketball 65.2%; baseball: 84.6%; softball: 92.3%. Additional information concerning completion rates of students may be obtained from the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning and Assessment.
|Category||Graduation Rate||Transfer-Out Rate||Combined|
Additional information concerning completion rates of students may be obtained from the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning and Assessment.
Statistics for all crimes are published and distributed to employees and students on an annual basis, in the time frames required by Federal/State law, and are available to applicants for enrollment or employment upon request from the Department of Campus Police at (615) 230-3595.