You may feel overwhelmed at times this semester. Take a deep breath. We are here to help you do well in your classes.
The Learning Commons
The Learning Commons is your one-stop-shop for academic support. There is a Learning Commons location on each Vol State campus. We all need help in one area or another. Give your grades a boost!
The Learning Commons has:
- Assistance with essays, writing, and speech
- Math tutoring for many classes, including math-based science courses
- Math Learning Support class testing
- Natural science tutoring (Chemistry, Biology)
- Peer tutoring in many subjects
- College readiness and placement test preparation
- Skills assessment and development in reading, writing, and math
Visit the learning commons web page to learn more about how we can help you and our hours. It’s free and available to all students, even those planning to attend the next semester.
VSCC Thigpen Library offers in-person assistance at all campus locations.
- Research - Vol State Librarians are available to assist with your research needs
- General Information - the Circulation Team can help with reserving a study space, your account, and more
- Study Rooms - Thigpen Library provides individual and group study rooms for student use
Visit the library web page for complete details and hours.
College Success Zone
Get Help Before You Get Frustrated! The most important step in college success is getting the help you need before you get swamped.
The College Success Zone offers information to you regarding services and programs available to you to help you have a successful semester.
All services are free and open to all students.
We Believe in You.
We Support You.
And We Want You to Succeed.