The Vol State Art Gallery features the works of visiting artists from across the country, as well as Tennessee artists, our students and faculty. All gallery events are free and open to the public. The gallery is located on the first floor of the Steinhauer-Rogan-Black (SRB) Humanities Building on the Gallatin campus at 1480 Nashville Pike.
During the Spring and Fall semesters, when in-person classes are being held, gallery hours are:
- Monday - Thursday, 8:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
- Saturday, 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
The gallery will be closed for holidays and at other times when the campus is closed. Hours in between semesters may be more limited. For more information call (615) 230-3200.
The Volunteer State Community College Art Gallery has a special show coming up in August. It features the work of former students of Gallatin High School art teacher, Doris Bills. For more than 30 years, Bills introduced students to the world of drawing, painting, and sculpture.
Waves of Gratitude: Artwork of the Former Students of Doris Bills
August 1 - 15 | Monday - Friday, 9:00 am to 4:30 pm, and Saturday 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm
A reception will take place on Saturday, August 7 at 3:00 pm.
- Matt Eddmenson: August 23, 2021 - September 24, 2021
- Alex Lockwood: October 4, 2021 - November 26, 2021
- Mark Hosford: December 6, 2021 - February 18, 2022
- Lain York and Caroline Allison: February 28, 2022 - April 1, 2022
- Student Exhibition: April 11, 2022 - May 6, 2022
- Alumni Show: May 16, 2022 - July 22, 2022