With the Vol State Criminal Justice Program, you will learn from experts in the field, such as detectives, patrol officers, federal agents, prosecutors, and probation/parole officers. We offer a diverse curriculum covering law enforcement, investigation, criminal law, corrections, and more. Discover the Vol State Criminal Justice difference, where we provide engaging hands-on teaching and learning.
- Small, dynamic classes
- Latest technology and instruction
- On-campus and online courses
Courses of Study
If you wish to transfer to a four-year university or college to complete a bachelor's degree after graduating, consider one of these two University Parallel program options:
- A.A. – Criminal Justice (TTP) – This pathway requires a one-year sequence (6 credits) in a single foreign language.
- A.S. – Criminal Justice (TTP) – This pathway allows for more classes in the criminal justice area of emphasis in the place of foreign language credits.
If you plan to find employment in criminal justice after graduating from Vol State, consider one of these options:
- Criminal Justice - A.A.S.
- Criminal Justice Technical Certificate
- Correctional Officer Technical Certificate
Earn Credits for Your Relevant Experience
If you have earned the POST certification (Tennessee Peace Officers Standards and Training), you may be eligible to receive college credit at Vol State through our Prior Learning Assessment. For more information, check out the Transfer and External Credit section of our catalog or talk to an advisor.
Transfer Opportunities with Vol State
The Criminal Justice Associate of Science (A.S.) and Associate of Arts (A.A.) Tennessee Transfer Pathway (TTP) University Parallel programs allow graduates to complete a bachelor’s degree program at any public university and many private universities in Tennessee.
Transfer your completed A.S. Criminal Justice (TTP) degree to Tennessee State University (TSU) to pursue a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Criminal Justice.
Transfer your completed A.S. Criminal Justice (TTP) degree to Middle Tennessee State University (MTSU) to pursue a B.S. in Criminal Justice Administration.
MTSU also accepts Vol State’s A.A.S. graduates if you wish to pursue a B.S. in Professional Studies.
- Direct transfer of courses from Vol State to TSU and MTSU
- Complete your Bachelor of Science Degree in 4 semesters with 15 credit hours per semester
- Opportunity for annual scholarship awards from $3,000-$5,000, depending on GPA and institution