With the Vol State Criminal Justice Program, you’ll learn from experts in the field from detectives, patrol officers, federal agents, prosecutors and probation/parole officers. Discover the Vol State Criminal Justice difference, we provide engaging hands-on teaching and learning.
- Small, dynamic classes
- Latest technology and instruction
- Take courses on-campus or online
- Diverse curriculum (law enforcement, investigation, criminal law, and corrections)
Courses of Study
For students who wish to transfer to a four-year university or college to complete a bachelor's degree after graduating:
For students who wish to find employment in criminal justice after graduating:
Earn credits for your relevant experience
Through our Prior Learning Assessment, we may offer college credit for POST law enforcement or corrections Academy training.
Tennessee State University and Vol State Transfer Pathway Partnership
The transfer program allows students who have completed their Associate of Science (AS) in Criminal Justice to transfer to Tennessee State University (TSU) to complete the Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Criminal Justice.
Benefits of the Program:
- Attend classes at the Vol State campus
- Direct transfer of courses from Vol State to TSU
- Complete your Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice in 4 semesters. 15 credit hours per semester
- Opportunity for annual scholarship award from $3000-$4000, depending on GPA