For current up to date Dual Enrollment Classes cost, please visit our Business Office for fees and tuition.
Payment for tuition and fees must be made by the stated deadline for that term or at the time of registration, whether or not a bill has been received. Failure to do so will result in being dropped from the dual enrollment program.
Certain courses have specialized academic fees, which are not covered by the Dual Enrollment Grant and will be the students responsibility to pay. Please refer to your My Vol State Billing account for an explanation of your fees.
Dual enrollment students are not eligible to receive Federal (Title IV) Aid. However, the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant, the VSCC GAP Scholarship, Fee Discounts and the Deferred Payment plan make the program more affordable.
Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant
Dual enrollment students are eligible for the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant. To be eligible for a Dual Enrollment Grant for any semester beyond the first semester of receipt, the student must continue to meet all eligibility requirements for the grant and must achieve a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.75 for all postsecondary courses attempted while participating in the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant program.
3 credit-hour course = $498
|Grant-Funded Course Number||Dual Enrollment Grant||VSCC Gap Scholarship||Tuition Paid by the Student|
|1||Up to $500||3-hour course = $0|
|2||Up to $500||3-hour course = $0|
|3||Up to $200||Up to $298 if all grants have been used at VSCC.||3-hour course = $0 (If eligible for GAP)
3-hour course = $298
|4||$0||Up to $500 if all grants have been used at VSCC||3-hour course = $0 (If eligible for GAP)
3-hour course = $498
|5 (Deducts from HOPE)||Up to $300||3-hour course = $198|
|6 (Deducts from HOPE)||Up to $300||3-hour course = $198|
|7 (Deducts from HOPE)||Up to $300||3-hour course = $198|
|8 (Deducts from HOPE)||Up to $300||3-hour course = $198|
* Chart is based on a 3 credit hour course. Contact the Dual Enrollment Office for a breakdown for a course with more credit hours.
Students are limited to a maximum of 3 grant funding per semester.
- In order to receive funding for the second course during a semester, students must meet the minimum HOPE Scholarship academic requirements at the time of dual enrollment (3.0 high school GPA or a composite score of at least 21 on the ACT).
- Homeschool students must have a composite score of at least 21 on the ACT to receive funding for the second course.
- Dual Enrollment Grant funding cannot exceed $1200 per academic year (An academic year includes: Fall, Spring and Summer)
- In order to keep receiving the grant after the first semester, students must maintain a 2.75 GPA in all college classes taken while receiving the grant.
- If a student takes 3 or more classes in a single semester, they must pay 100% of the tuition for class 3 and above.
After the first four Dual Enrollment Grants have been awarded ($1200), each subsequent grant will deduct from the student’s HOPE Scholarship.
Here are some hints to help you complete this application:
- Under Important Links, click on TSAC Student Portal.
- You must create an account with TSAC in order to submit your application. The username for this account is yours to choose. It is not related to your Vol State username. You will use this same account for TN Promise, so please record your username and password for future use.
- After creating your account, enter User Name (the one that was just created).
- Enter password that you created.
- Click “Apply for Scholarships” in green.
- Choose Dual Enrollment Grant 2020-2021.
- Read the general requirements and click “I agree”.
- Complete any Student Information that may be required. (The accuracy of your Social Security Number (SSN) is extremely important. If an incorrect SSN is used, you will NOT be awarded the Dual Enrollment Grant.)
- Select “Yes” to question about federal drug compliance.
- Select VSCC as the college.
If you have problems completing the form, please call: TSAC help desk at 1-800-342-1663.
Employee Fee Waivers/Discounts
Tennessee state employees and their dependents are eligible for certain fee waivers and/or discounts for tuition at TBR and other state institutions.
Deferred Payment Plan
This plan is available to allow students to pay fees in installments. The plan requires a 50% down payment plus the $25 fee for the deferred payment plan and two additional 25% installment payments. A $25 late fee will be assessed for late payments to the payment plan.