For current up-to-date Dual Enrollment Classes costs, please visit our Business Office for fees and tuition.
Payment for tuition and fees must be made by the stated deadline for that term or at the time of registration, whether or not a bill has been received.
Certain courses have specialized academic fees, which are not covered by the Dual Enrollment Grant and will be the student's responsibility to pay. Please refer to your My Vol State Billing account for an explanation of your fees.
Dual enrollment students are not eligible to receive Federal (Title IV) Aid. However, the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant, Fee Discounts, and the Deferred Payment plan make the program more affordable.
Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant
Dual enrollment students are eligible for the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant. To be eligible for a Dual Enrollment Grant for any semester beyond the first semester of receipt, the student must continue to meet all eligibility requirements for the grant and must achieve a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.0 for all postsecondary courses attempted while participating in the Tennessee Dual Enrollment Grant program.
The first five dual enrollment courses may be awarded up to the amounts indicated below based on the number of credit hours per course.
TN Dual Enrollment Grant 2022-2023
|Credit Hours Per Course||Credit Hour Rate||Total||DE Fee*||Grand Total|
*5% Dual Enrollment Access Fee
Dual Enrollment Courses 6 – 10
Any award amount received for courses 6-10 will be paid at $100 per credit hour.
Grant Eligibility and Application Assistance
Here are some hints to help you complete this application:
- Under Important Links, click on TSAC Student Portal.
- You must create an account with TSAC in order to submit your application. The username for this account is yours to choose. It is not related to your Vol State username. You will use this same account for TN Promise, so please record your username and password for future use.
- After creating your account, enter your username (the one that was just created).
- Enter the password that you created.
- Click “Apply for Scholarships” in green.
- Choose Dual Enrollment Grant.
- Read the general requirements and click “I agree”.
- Complete any Student Information that may be required. (The accuracy of your Social Security Number (SSN) is extremely important. If an incorrect SSN is used, you will NOT be awarded the Dual Enrollment Grant.)
- Select “Yes” to question about federal drug compliance.
- Select VSCC as the college.
If you have problems completing the form, please call: TSAC help desk at 1-800-342-1663.
Employee Fee Waivers/Discounts
Tennessee state employees and their dependents are eligible for certain fee waivers and/or discounts for tuition at TBR and other state institutions.
Deferred Payment Plan
This plan is available to allow students to pay fees in installments. The plan requires a 50% down payment plus the $25 fee for the deferred payment plan and two additional 25% installment payments. A $25 late fee will be assessed for late payments to the payment plan.