Required Documents

Veterans Certification Request

Students planning to use their Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) or Department of Defense (DoD) educational benefits are required to submit a Veterans Certification Request Form (VCRF) each semester. The VCRF is located in the My Vol State portal under Student Forms and is to be completed after you are fully registered in your courses (submission of the VCRF does not register a student in their courses).

Please note, students who have not submitted a VCRF prior to the start of the term may be purged from courses due to non-payment and/or may result in delayed payments of their benefits.

Any changes in enrollment must be reported to our office immediately, including changes in credits, course delivery method, withdrawals, incomplete grades, and change of major. We are required to report these changes to the VA.

Verification of Enrollment to VA

Post- 9/11 GI Bill®

Students who are receiving a monthly housing allowance under the Post 9/11 GI Bill® must verify their enrollment with the VA at the end of each month for which they are enrolled. For additional information, please visit the VA Enrollment Verification.

Montgomery GI Bill

Students who are receiving benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill® Chapter 30 and Chapter 1606 MUST verify their enrollment through the Internet WAVE application or by phone.

You MUST verify your enrollment on the last day of each month for which benefits are to be paid. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs will NOT issue payment until you verify.

Electronic fund transfer (direct deposit) usually occurs within 2-3 business days after verification of enrollment.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at