The Learning Commons is your one-stop-shop for academic support. There is a Learning Commons location on each Vol State campus. We all need help in one area or another. Give your grades a boost!
The Learning Commons in Gallatin offers:
- Writing Assistance:
- Math tutoring for many classes, including math-based science classes
- Math testing for Learning Support Math courses
- Science Tutoring
- Academic Coaching
- Coaching can provide support for all of your classes by helping you manage your time, communicate better, get connected, develop new study skills, and stay motivated throughout the semester.
- Book an Academic Coaching Appointment
- Tutoring in other subjects
- College Readiness and Placement Test preparation (initial test or challenge of Learning Support placement in reading, writing, or math)
- Skills assessment and development in reading, writing, or math (including community patrons)
- Help with online classes and eLearn use
- Help with Tutor.com
All campus Learning Commons locations offer free academic support, though some services may vary by location.
Contact the Learning Commons to discuss your needs and how we can help. Our services are free and available to all students, including those accepted who don’t plan to attend until the next semester.
Location: Thigpen Library - 1st Floor
Fall and Spring Semester Hours
- On-Campus and Online Tutoring Hours
- Monday – Thursday: 7:45 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Saturday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm (virtual/online only)
Summer Semester Hours
- Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Saturday: Closed
Intersession Hours (Between semesters and during scheduled semester breaks)
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Location: Room 304
(931) 520-0551 ext. 4661
Location: Room 151
Location: Room 144