ELearn is the name of the Vol State course management system. It is a platform where connections are made between students, faculty, and course materials. This is where "online" classes happen. Hybrid and web-enhanced, on-ground courses also utilize eLearn's administrative and interactive capabilities. Because it is online, eLearn allows for "anytime, anywhere" access to learning, including:
- Access course materials anytime, anywhere they have internet access
- Collaborate online
- Engage in course related activities in a single environment
- Learn new technology skills
Key Tools in eLearn
This is a list of the most frequently used tools in eLearn. Click on each link to see detailed information and step-by-step tutorials for that tool.
- Classlist - The Classlist provides a list of students currently enrolled in a course and an easy way to send course mail to other students or your instructor.
- Content - The Content tool is the main place you will go to get course material to read, watch, and learn from.
- Discussions - The Discussions tool can be used for online discussions between you, other students, and your instructor.
- Dropbox - The Dropbox tool is a place where you will submit assignments to your instructor. Submissions are date and time stamped. (Not the same as Dropbox.com!)
- Grades - The Grades tool allows you to view your grades for individual assignments and the overall course.
- MyHome - My Home is the main entry page for eLearn. It is the first page you see after signing in to eLearn. Like the Course Home page, this page contains a News section. However, this News section is controlled by the eLearn Distributed Education staff and is used for system announcements.
- Course Mail - eLearn has its own internal e-mail system that can only be used within the system for courses. You cannot send email to an outside email address, nor can you receive email from an outside source when using Course Mail.
- Preferences - The Account Settings tool allows you to set up your preferences for font, time zone, video, and some email/course mail options. Customizing your personal account settings is a great way to ensure that you are comfortable in your online learning environment.
- Quizzes - The quiz tool is where you can take quizzes and exams online. Usage varies by course, so be sure to check with your instructor for where and how your tests will be handled.