Volunteer State Community College offers direct deposit as an option for receiving excess financial aid funds and student refunds. Direct Deposits require a bank account and cannot be processed to debit or credit cards.
Each student responsible for setting up his or her direct deposit information in PRIDE online. Please do not use your debit card number to attempt to set-up your direct deposit. The account verification process for direct deposit takes 3 to 5 days. Setting up this information before the semester begins will help ensure the account is ready to use when excess financial aid and refunds are processed. If a student’s direct deposit does not process because of problems with the direct deposit account, the direct deposit funds must be returned to Vol State’s bank before a check will be issued to the student.
Please keep in mind that your excess financial aid funds will not be released until your attendance in each of your classes have been confirmed by your instructors. Students can check their attendance in the PRIDE online system. You may download full instructions on checking your attendance online. Students have an option to charge books against their financial aid during a specified timeframe before the semester begins. For specific information, please contact the financial aid office. Once you have registered for your semester classes, you may visit the bookstore online to obtain your book cost.
Setting Up Direct Deposit for Refunds
- Go to the My Vol State portal.
- Click “Sign in to Microsoft”, then sign in with your @volstate.edu login and password if required.
- Click ePay – Payment Gateway. (You may have to enter your login and password again.)
- Under “Direct to the secure site”, click Continue. This will take you into the ePayment Gateway system
- On the header bar, click "Refunds".
- Click the Red button for "Enroll in Two-Step Verification".
- Specify how you want to setup your two-step verification (text or email).
- Once verified, click on Payment Profile.
- Under Add New Payment Method, choose Electronic Checking, then Select.
- Enter Bank Account information for refunds on this screen.
- If you are unsure of your bank's routing number and your account number, please select EXAMPLE below under the Routing Number. (These are not the same as your debit card number).
- For the bank account to be used for Refunds, check the box under Refund Options "check here if you would like refunds to be deposited into this account".
- Please read the agreement, then check the box "I AGREE", click Continue.