Volunteer State Community College hosted commencement to award 372 educational attainment degrees today, May 7 at 10 a.m. at the Pickel Field House on the Gallatin, TN campus.
President Orinthia Montague presided over the ceremony held in the gymnasium. Dr. Carole Bucy, a long-time faculty member, and well-known Tennessee historian served as commencement speaker. The Distinguished Alumna speaker was Ms. Lori Johnson.
Special awards announced at the ceremony include Division Excellence Awards:
- Math and Science Division: Abigail Minchey
- Humanities Division: Elizabeth Chandler
- Health Sciences Division: Kaitlynn Josephs
- Social Science and Education Division: Boyd Schultheiss
- Business and Technology Division: Pamela Carrillo Rangel
- Janice Sisks Nelson Award for Outstanding Business Graduate: Robert Riggsbee
- Teresa Tidwell Moore Award for Outstanding CIT/Cyber Defense Graduate: Jason McGuire
- Outstanding Graduate Award: La’Darius Roberts
Volunteer State Community College Volunteer is a public, comprehensive community college offering quality, innovative educational programs, support, and services. Vol State is committed to building partnerships, strengthening internal and external community engagement, and promoting diversity, cultural awareness, and economic development to prepare students for successful careers, university transfer, and meaningful civic participation in a global society.