Consistent with our core values, Vol State’s international education program strives to provide students with opportunities that will enable them to foster and develop a global perspective. Examples include fall fiesta; the international film series; special art exhibits, concerts, and theatrical performances; and campus events such as Around the World in a Day. Visit the Campus Events calendar to see what’s coming up.
Campus and Online Programming Requests
We welcome partnerships with faculty, staff, and/or departments that will:
- Engage students in thinking about the greater world,
- Help prepare students for global competition,
- Increase cultural understanding and awareness,
- Encourage a growth mindset, and
- Facilitate discourse surrounding topics that students may not encounter in a traditional classroom.
Any Vol State faculty or staff member may apply for program funding. Priority will be given to first-time requesters.
The International Education Committee and Dean of Academic of Support will review all requests and awards based on available budget, timeframe, student impact, and learning objectives associated with the proposed program.
- Applications for programming scheduled for the Summer and Fall semesters MUST be submitted by March 1st the previous semester. A decision will be made during the International Education Committee meeting in April.
- Applications for programming scheduled for the Spring semester MUST be submitted by October 1st the previous semester. A decision will be made during the International Education Committee meeting in November.