Fees payable to the Business Office include registration fees, parking tickets and other fees. Acceptable methods of payment include cash, check, money order, American Express, Discover, Visa or MasterCard. Payment may be made in the Business Office during regular office hours. In addition, students may make a credit card payment by phone by contacting the Business Office. To make a credit card payment by phone, the student ID number (“V number”) is required. The Business Office cannot accept checks by phone. Please be aware that specific student account information can only be discussed with the student because of the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
Authorized E-Pay Users
Students may give others (parents, guardians, employers, etc.) the ability to access their account information through Pride Online. Authorized users may view student account balances and make payments to student accounts.
Important Billing Dates for Early Registration
Fees for early registration for Spring 2022 are due January 10, 2022. Beginning January 10, 2022, fees are due the same day that you register. If your fees are not paid by the deadline, you will be dropped from your class schedule and will be required to re-register.
For the Spring 2022 semester, billing notifications will be emailed weekly beginning in November 2021 through February 4, 2022. The eBills can be viewed online and will include the amount due, the payment due date, and your class schedule. Please note that eBills may not include all scholarships/grants or loans that may be awarded.
View Your Statement Online
To view your e-bills (online statement), go to My Vol State:
- Log into the My Vol State using your user name and password. If you have forgotten your Password, contact the Help Desk at (615) 230 - 3302
- Once you are logged into the My Vol State, click on the “Academics” tab, then click Continue.
- In the "Pay Accounts" section, click on “ePayment Gateway"
- Click on “eStatements”
- Click on “latest bill” to view your e-bill
Fees may also be paid online using American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa credit or debit cards and electronic checks from checking or savings accounts. Electronic checks must be setup at least three days prior the payment processing to allow time for the bank account information to be verified.
Steps to Make an Online Payment:
- From the home page, www.volstate.edu, click on My Vol State.
- Click “Sign in to Microsoft”, then sign in with your @volstate.edu login and password if required.
- Click ePay – Payment Gateway (You may be required to enter your login and password again)
- Under “Direct to the secure site”, click Continue.
- Once you are in the ePayment Gateway system, click the red button, “Make Payment”.
- Choose Current Account Balance, Pay by Term, or Amount Due. If paying a different amount than what is listed, enter the amount you’d like to pay in the box and click Add. If paying for a prior term, please click "Pay by Term", then choose the term and amount you'd like to pay, then click Add. Verify the payment total is correct, then click Continue.
- You will then be taken to the screen to enter your payment information and complete the payment. Keep in mind is paying by Electronic Web Check, the account may not be used until verified, which can take up to three business days.
The deferred payment is available for Fall and Spring semesters and may be made online. The deferred payment plan is not offered in the Summer semester. The online deferred payment plan now offers an option for a saved payment plan. A saved payment method is a stored credit card, debit card, or electronic check that will be automatically charged for the amount due on the payment deadline. Payment deadlines for fall are October 1 and November 1. Payment deadlines for spring are March 1 and April 1. E-bills are used for the Deferred Payment billing. No paper bills are mailed for deferred payment due dates.