In March 2022, Vol State announced we had been selected by Amazon for their Career Choice Program.
Amazon’s Career Choice program is an education benefit that empowers employees to learn new skills for career success at Amazon or elsewhere. The program meets individual learners where they are on their education journey through a variety of education and upskilling opportunities including full college tuition, industry certifications designed to lead to in-demand jobs, and foundational skills such as English language proficiency, high school diplomas, and GEDs.
About Career Choice
- Career Choice launched in 2012.
- Program is live in 14 countries (U.S., Canada, United Kingdom., Germany, Spain, France, Ireland, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, South Africa, Costa Rica, Slovakia, and Australia).
- More than 50,000 Amazon employees have participated globally since its inception (more than 35,000 in the U.S.).
- Healthcare, transportation, and information technology are Career Choice’s most popular fields of study globally. With our expanded offering, we expect employees will take advantage of a variety of programs.
- In addition to funding associate and bachelor’s degrees, Amazon’s Career Choice will also fund industry certifications for in-demand jobs, and foundational skills such as high school completion, GEDs, and ESL proficiency certifications.
- More than half of Amazon’s participants identify as Black, Hispanic, or Native American.
- Amazon has more than 110 on-site Career Choice classrooms in fulfillment centers across the U.S., and more than 20 in Europe.
For more information on this program, visit the "What is Amazon Career Choice?" web page.
In the U.S., Amazon is investing $1.2 billion to upskill more than 300,000 employees by 2025 to help move them into higher-paying, in-demand jobs.
Amazon Partner Network
Amazon’s Career Choice program has a rigorous selection process for third-party partner educators, choosing partners that are focused on helping employees through their education programs, assisting them with job placements, and overall offering education that leads to career success.
The educators in the Amazon Career Choice partner network deliver on Amazon’s commitment to providing hourly employees with best-in-class support in their path to career success at Amazon or elsewhere. Together, we are committed to providing excellent education, job placement resources, and continuous improvements to the student experience.
“We’re looking forward to Vol State coming on board as an education partner for Career Choice, adding to the hundreds of best-in-class offerings available to our employees. We’re committed to empowering our employees by providing them access to the education and training they need to grow their careers, whether that’s with us or elsewhere."
- Tammy Thieman, Global Program Lead of Amazon’s Career Choice program
(View a PDF of the contact information)