- An academic advisor will be available to meet with you before you begin the registration process.
- Generally, this will be your assigned advisor. But, sometimes, it might be with an advisor in the division of your major. If you are undecided about a major, you may see an advisor in the Advising Center.
- You should make an appointment and you may even be advised by telephone.
- The advisor will assist you in determining which courses you need to take. It is your responsibility to determine the days and times that work best for your schedule.
- Follow the instructions mailed to you by the Admissions Office. The instructions will tell the registration dates, procedures, and your scheduled registration time.
Pay a little, Earn a lot!
College isn't cheap. Tuition and fees at universities and private colleges can range from $2000 to nearly $10,000 each semester! And that doesn't include dorms, meals, or books! At Volunteer State, you'll pay around half the cost of a public university. Our classes are just as challenging, you'll study the same subjects and you'll have the advantage of smaller classes.
But the real payoff for a college degree is in your paycheck. If you have an associate degree you will earn almost a quarter of a million dollars more over your lifetime than a person who didn't go to college. With a bachelor's degree the payoff is nearly $390,000! A degree from Volunteer State is the way to pay a little and earn a lot.
Important Things to Know
Complete as early as possible to take advantage of early registration activities. Make sure all information on application is accurate and complete.
Available for all new students or returning students. Academic advising and early registration occur at Orientation so take advantage of this opportunity!
When you are successful in courses due to proper placement, you will see this as a positive thing!
Allow study time and breaks between classes to catch up on homework and prepare for next class when possible.
|Working Hours||Recommended Course Load *|
|40+||3 - 6 credit hours|
|20||6 - 12 credit hours|
|0||12 - 18 credit hours|
*Based on 15 week semester.
Meet With Your Advisor
Your advisor is your friend. They are there to guide you and offer assistance to help make the most of your educational experience.
Don't forget this important step! You are not officially enrolled in any class until your fees are paid!
Verify Your Schedule
After paying your fees, double check your schedule to make sure you are enrolled in the correct classes. This will save you much confusion during first day of classes.