The Student Government Association (SGA) was established to be an avenue through which student interests and needs may be expressed. It provides students the opportunity to work with college administration officers in matters affecting the welfare of the student body. The SGA works with all student organizations to maintain and improve the quality of student life both on and off campus.
SGA Executive Board
- SGA President: Aysha Patel- firstname.lastname@example.org
- SGA Vice President: Jessica Lee- email@example.com
- SGA Attorney General: Debera Bennett- firstname.lastname@example.org
- SGA Secretary of State: Divya Patel- email@example.com
- SGA Secretary of Treasury: Lillian Hickman- firstname.lastname@example.org
- CAB Chair: Natalie West- email@example.com
- SGA Jr. Senator: Hannah Benson- firstname.lastname@example.org
The General Assembly is SGA's bi-monthly meeting. The purpose of General Assembly is to discuss ways to further improve student life on campus and to give the students a voice in the governing process of the college. SGA also has various committee meetings that address more specific aspects of SGA. General Assembly strives to have a variety of representation. Each club on campus has a representative at General Assembly and there are also Senator positions available to all Vol State students (some GPA requirements apply).
SGA General Assembly will meet every other Tuesday at the Gallatin campus and/or via zoom at 11:15 am starting Tuesday, September 1, 2020.
Elections are held each spring semester for the following Executive Board positions:
- Vice President
If you are interested in applying for a SGA position for 2020-2021 please click on the SGA Leader Application button below. Complete the form and email it to Tabitha.Sherrell@volstate.edu. After your application is submitted, The Office of Student Engagement & Support will contact you to schedule a phone or zoom interview.