The Student Government Association (SGA) was established to be an avenue through which student interests and needs may be expressed. It provides students the opportunity to work with college administration officers in matters affecting the welfare of the student body. The SGA works with all student organizations to maintain and improve the quality of student life both on and off campus. The SGA officers are elected by the student body.
SGA Executive Board
- President: Haley Brazel email@example.com
- Vice President: Mary Dobbs firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary of State: Hailey Ward email@example.com
- Attorney General: Amanda Poland firstname.lastname@example.org
- Campus Activities Board (CAB) Chair: Emily Evetts email@example.com
- Senior Senator: Zariyah Dumas firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cookeville Co-Regent: Shelbie Davis email@example.com
- Cookeville Co-Regent: Courtney McQuiston firstname.lastname@example.org
- Springfield Regent: Lorene Jackson email@example.com
The General Assembly is SGA's bi-monthly meeting. The purpose of General Assembly is to discuss ways to further improve student life on campus and to give the students a voice in the governing process of the college. SGA also has various committee meetings that address more specific aspects of SGA. General Assembly strives to have a variety of representation. Each club on campus has a representative at General Assembly and there are also Senator positions available to all Vol State students (some GPA requirements apply).
Meetings are on Mondays from 12:45pm-1:45pm. See the campus events calendar for meeting dates and locations.
Elections are held each spring semester for the following Executive Board positions:
- Vice President
All other Executive board positions are appointed through an interview process. Visit the Office of Student Engagement & Support (Wood, 215) for an application and/or information.