Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) is used to describe the evaluation of college level learning that is gained outside a traditional academic environment. It is learning and knowledge students acquire while living their lives. PLA evaluates types of knowledge for college credit, certification or advancement in your academic career.
Credits are provided by not only classroom activities but also through other places in life. The following alternative sources of credit are outlined in this policy.
Vol State offers several ways for a student to qualify for PLA credit. Check the areas below to see if you qualify.
- Continuing Education Credit
- Credit for Service in the Armed Forces
- Advanced Placement Credit
- Credit for Cap Exam
- Credit for CLEP Subject Examinations
- Credit by Local Examination
- Credit by External Examination
- Credit for Workforce and Other Training
- Foreign Language Placement Testing-and Credits Granted
- Credit for Private Music Instruction
- Credit for Fundamentals of Music Theory
- Credit for Classic Piano
- Portfolio Credit
- International Baccalaureate Credit