Emergency Procedure for On-The-Job Injuries to Employees Policy

Policy Number


Respond to injuries/illnesses to on-the-job injuries to employees


ON-THE-JOB INJURY/ILLNESS will be immediately reported to the Campus Police. Campus Police will respond to the emergency and notify the Health and Safety Coordinator.

CHRONIC ON-THE-JOB INJURY, or chronic pain related to work duties, such as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, back/neck pain, etc. should be reported to the Health and Safety Coordinator as soon as the symptoms become apparent to the employee

SERIOUS INJURY/ILLNESS – LIFE THREATENING INJURY: Contact Community Emergency Medical Service 9-911 immediately. Then notify Campus Police.


VSCC Source: Former III:06:02, April 7, 1999, President; Student Services Assigned New Number III:08:02, then Changed to be under Business & Finance area, IV:03:02, January 23, 2009, President's Cabinet