Unless otherwise stated in specific program requirements, students eligible for study abroad scholarships from the International Education fee:
- are currently enrolled at Vol State
- have a minimum 2.5 GPA at the time of application and award date
- are in “good standing” at the time of application and award date – this includes academic and disciplinary matters
- have completed a minimum of 12 college level credit hours by the start of the program
- will be 18 years old by the start of the program
- have completed the program application by the posted deadline
To apply for a Vol State study abroad travel scholarship:
- Submit this scholarship application.
- Ask a Vol State professor or a work supervisor to submit this online recommendation form.
- Participation in a personal interview (to be scheduled after the scholarship application).
Study abroad scholarships will be based on available funds, number of applicants per program, applicant eligibility, and strength of the recommendation and interview.
Students may become disqualified from participation and lose their scholarship if they fail to secure a passport, complete all required documentation, satisfy payment deadlines, or meet all posted eligibility requirements.