The Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) is an interdisciplinary alliance that identifies and services students and employees exhibiting concerning behaviors which may interfere with educational and/or administrative processes at Volunteer State Community College. The roles of the Behavioral Intervention Team include:
- Respond quickly to behavior indicating a potential risk to self or others;
- Conduct threat assessments to determine if a realistic threat is present and act accordingly;
- Coordinate and assess information from faculty, administrators, students and local authorities;
- Identify resources for student/employees and make referrals to appropriate campus and off-campus agencies, and
- Educate and empower the campus community to recognize, report, and effectively address dangerous, threatening, and concerning behaviors.
The primary charge to the team is to make recommendations for action to an appropriate office or administrator who has the authority to act.
When to Contact the Behavioral Intervention Team
Contact the Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) if you're concerned about the well-being or safety of a VSCC student, employee or any other person affecting the VSCC community. Possible reasons include: concerning, threatening, or hostile behaviors.
To share information, email email@example.com or contact a member of the BIT. The Behavioral Intervention Team does not respond to emergency situations. For an emergency, use the following protocol:
- Gallatin campus - call (615) 230-3595.
- Highland Crest Campus – extension 7041 from an on-campus telephone, or (615) 433-7041;
- Livingston Campus – extension 5216 from an on-campus telephone, or (931) 462-5216.
- Cookeville Higher Education Campus Police - extension 4616 from an on-campus telephone, or (931) 520-4616.
If your concern pertains to more disrespectful or disruptive behaviors, please contact the Office of the Vice President for Student Services at 615-230-3442 to initiate the student conduct process.
- Assistant Vice President for Student Services
- Vice President for Student Services
- Chief of Campus Police
- Asst. Chief of Campus Police
- Dean of Social Sciences & Education
- Senior Director of Human Resources
- Director of Advising & Testing
- Manager of Disability Services
- Manager of Employee Relations and Equity