Information on this page comes from a variety of sources. Volunteer State Community College provides this page as an unaffiliated resource for use by the communities we serve. When conducting a job search, it is the responsibility of each individual to research the integrity of the organizations to which one is applying. Individuals are advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization and when supplying personal information through the Internet. Volunteer State Community College does not author, edit or monitor this page and therefore does not assume responsibility for its content or veracity.
President & CEO
Company: United Way of Sumner County
Location: Gallatin, TN
United Way of Sumner County is in search of a visionary, dynamic, and driven leader to serve as our next President/CEO.
United Way of Sumner County, founded in 1977, is headquartered in Gallatin, Tenn., and serves the 180,000 citizens who make the county and its five incorporated cities their home.
The mission of United Way of Sumner County is to partner with our diverse and united community to solve its greatest problems. We focus on our region’s most critical issues within the areas of health, education, financial stability and rebuilding lives. We forge partnerships, mobilize both human and financial resources, and inspire others to join us to create solutions to our community’s most pressing problems.
The President/CEO serves as the chief professional officer of the organization and reports to the United Way of Sumner County Board of Directors. The successful candidate will:
• provide strategic leadership to maximize and achieve the United Way mission;
• develop strategies to foster and increase financial resources for education, income, health, rebuilding lives, and volunteerism initiatives;
• create awareness in the community and ensure involvement of varying constituencies;
• maintain operational accountability and fiscal integrity within the policies set by the Board of Directors;
• exhibit enthusiasm for serving people, working with volunteers and community leaders, and collaborating with other agency professionals; and
• be widely trusted and seen as a person of integrity.
In addition to health insurance benefits, paid annual and sick leave, and paid holidays, the position has a salary of $60-$70,000, depending on qualifications. A bachelor’s degree is required.
To view the entire job description, including essential duties/responsibilities and core competencies/requirements, please visit http://www.unitedwaysumner.org/career-opportunities.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to: Applications@unitedwaysumner.org by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2018.
United Way Sumner County is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full time
Work Hours: Full-time
Compensation: $60,000 - $70,000 per year
Start Date: December 31, 1969
• College Degree and appropriate level of work experience.
• Financial Management.
• Organizational Management.
• Coalition Building.
• Relationship Management (Volunteers and Donors).
• Visioning and Strategic Thinking.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making.
• Achievement Orientation.
• Public Speaking Skills.
• Time Management.
• Ability to multitask
Education: Bachelor's degree
Date Posted: January 26, 2018