Information on this page comes from a variety of sources. Volunteer State Community College provides this page as an unaffiliated resource for use by the communities we serve. When conducting a job search, it is the responsibility of each individual to research the integrity of the organizations to which one is applying. Individuals are advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization and when supplying personal information through the Internet. Volunteer State Community College does not author, edit or monitor this page and therefore does not assume responsibility for its content or veracity.
Paying Receiving Teller
Company: The Farmers Bank
Formed in 1912, The Farmers Bank is very proud of the years of solid growth and service it has provided to Sumner and Robertson Counties. It is this tradition of progress through sound banking which has enabled The Farmers Bank to become one of the oldest and strongest independent banks in the northern Middle Tennessee area.
The Farmers Bank is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected characteristics as required by local, state and federal law.
The Farmers Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages men and women, members of all racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
Provide prompt, efficient and friendly services to customers, involving receipt and payment of cash, and maintain accurate records of all transactions. Perform task of a basic to moderately complex nature. Promote the Bank's services, answer questions and direct customers to appropriate department for specialized services.
Job Type: Full time
Work Hours: Monday-Thursday 8am-4pm, Friday 8am-6pm, Occasional Saturday 8am-noon
Start Date: March 26, 2018
1. Basic communication skills (written, verbal and listening)
2. Understanding of accounting/bookkeeping principals
3. Organizational skills
4. Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft/Windows
5. Ability to handle stressful situations
6. Flexibility and ability to multi-task
7. Ability to rationalize and make on the spot decisions regarding customer transactions
8. Detail oriented, high degree of accuracy
9. Ability to enter numerical data on computer with speed and accuracy
10. Ability to promote the appropriate company image and maintain a professional attitude
11. Excellent customer service skills
12. Must be capable of demonstrating the use of good marketing techniques for cross selling bank products
13. Ability to interact well, and in a positive manner, with customers, co-workers and management
14. Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to Bank's privacy policies
15. Bending and stooping required regularly
16. Required to keyboard and view LCD screen for extended time periods
17. Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds in coin or currency
18. Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Education: High school
Experience: No experience required
Date Posted: March 2, 2018