Current Status: All Campus Locations Open
Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear masks on campus.
Those persons that are not vaccinated are strongly encouraged to continue wearing a mask and to continue social distancing both to protect themselves and others.
Please also note the following statement from the CDC guidelines: If you have a condition or are taking medications that weaken your immune system, you may NOT be fully protected even if you are fully vaccinated. Talk to your healthcare provider. Even after vaccination, you may need to continue taking all precautions.
We should all remain vigilant and self-report any contact or any symptoms. Please stay home if you are sick.
Individuals are expected to follow guidelines and principles that promote the health of the campus community at-large. Measures outlined help protect one another and help prevent the spread of the virus. Because medical experts believe the continued spread of the virus is partly due to contagious people who have no symptoms, all faculty, staff, students and visitors are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Stay home when feeling ill, when exposed to COVID-19 (e.g. positive household member case), or if diagnosed with a confirmed case of COVID-19. To reinforce individual responsibility, faculty must demonstrate flexibility with students who are absent from class due to illness or quarantine. Likewise, supervisors must be flexible with employees who are absent due to illness or quarantine.
- Employees or students who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 according to the CDC are encouraged to work with their supervisors or course faculty to identify possible alternatives for work or academic instruction.
- Employees who are diagnosed with a confirmed case of COVID-19 should notify Vol State’s Office of Human Resources. Students who are diagnosed with a confirmed case of COVID-19 should notify the Office of the Vice President for Student Services.
- Wash hands more frequently, avoid touching face, wear face coverings when appropriate.
- Practice recommended physical distancing when appropriate.
- Adhere to notices and instructions posted around campus related to COVID-19 mitigation.
- Follow specific safety and health parameters that are outlined in this document along with future campus directives.