Committee Purpose: The purpose of the General Education Committee is to provide support for continued improvement in teaching and learning by reviewing, implementing, and monitoring General Education Program plans to ensure a high level of academic integrity for all General Education courses. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring achievement of general education outcomes and academic excellence in the general education program.
- Reviewing and recommending guidelines, policies and procedures regarding General Education assessment.
- Monitoring academic integrity and quality in General Education courses to further ensure student success.
- Review results of General Education Reviews (GERs) and assessments to plan, recommend and initiate mechanisms to improve assessment results.
- Analyze data and make recommendations on program initiatives to determine student success.
- Monitor success and retention rates of General Education courses with different delivery methods including online, hybrid, accelerated, cohort, etc.
Reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs
- A total of 12 faculty representatives, two from each general education area (Communication, Humanities/Fine Arts, Social Sciences, History, Natural Sciences, Math) For each general education area, at least one of the faculty representatives must be a department chair or assistant chair. Preference given to members of the TBR Team of Ten.
- Two (2) faculty members at large
- Chair (or member) of Institutional Effectiveness Committee
- One (1) representative from Testing
- One (1) Academic Dean or Assistant Dean from Gen Ed divisions
- One (1) Academic Advisor
- Director of Library Services
- Faculty Council Vice-Speaker
- One (1) representative from a regional campus
- Student representation: 1
Total membership: 22
Ex-Officio: Vice President or AVP for Academic Affairs, Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment Officer, Chair (or member) of Curriculum Committee; Instructional Designer of Distributed Education
4th Friday, 11:00 a.m.