Develop and recommend policies and procedures governing patents and copyrights that are consistent with VSCC Intellectual Property/Patents and Copyright Policy V:01:06 and with Tennessee Board of Regents (TBR) Policy 5:01:06:00.
- The Committee shall receive Disclosure Forms for evaluation of the ownership, patentability and/or commercial potential of the invention or work. Their review shall include interviews with the Inventor or Author and other persons as needed to make this evaluation.
- The Committee shall provide to the President its recommendations as to ownership of the intellectual property, whether patent protection should be sought, and whether to seek commercialization opportunities.
- The Committee shall conduct investigations as it deems necessary in the preparation of its recommendations to the President.
- The Committee shall also generally advise the President in all matters relating to this Policy.
- The Committee will arrange to have activities undertaken to seek patent protection, copyright registration, and / or commercialization of the intellectual property upon the President’s decision to do so.
Reports to the President (or his designee)
- Faculty Council Speaker
- Professional Council Chair
- Staff Council Chair
- SGA President or Representative
- Assistant Vice-President for Business and Finance
- Director of Purchasing & Contracts
- One (1) representative from the Library faculty
- Dean of Academic Support
- Relevant Dean(s) or Director(s)
- Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Faculty and others at the discretion of the President
- Total Membership: 8 – indefinite
- Ex Officio: Chief Information Officer, Vice-President for Business and Finance
Not scheduled; meets irregularly and as needed.