The College Steering Committee will act as a repository for the plans and proposals of other committees. Its primary function is to keep track of committee proposals and clearly communicate their status to appropriate constituents on campus. The Committee will also be responsible for the creation of committees for each academic year.
- Makes recommendations concerning membership for standing committees.
- Follow up on recommendations and plans from standing committees when standing committees have not received feedback from their reporting Vice-President.
- Communicates status of plans and initiatives from standing committees to appropriate constituents.
- Hears appeals regarding committee placement, attendance or other issues and make recommendations.
- Confirms posting of standing committee minutes.
- Reviews and recommends specific improvements regarding standing committees’ structure, purpose, goals/activities and membership.
- Appoints chairs and recorders of college committees, if chairs and recorders are not selected by the committees themselves.
- Conducts standing committee New Chair and Recorder Training.
- Implementation of Timeline for Committee Selections
President of the College
- Faculty Council Speaker
- Professional Council Speaker
- Staff Council Speaker
- One (1) Dean
- Four (4) Faculty representatives (from Divisions not represented by Dean)
- Five (5) Staff representatives (one from each Grand Division – Academic Affairs, Business & Finance, IERPA, Resource Development, Student Services)
- Three (3) Professional Staff
- Two (2) Classified Staff
- Total Membership: 13
- Ex-Officio: Vice President for IERPA
4th Friday, 9:00 a.m.